This juicy vegan burger recipe created by Christian Stevenson, aka DJ BBQ, in partnership with Amazon’s Smile It’s Summer season marketing campaign, is a good way to broaden your barbecue horizons. And belief us once we say that it gained’t solely be vegans who’re impressed if you knock up a batch of those tasty burgers.
Elements (4 servings)
- 1 onion
- four cloves of garlic
- 2 corn on the cob (or 200g canned sweetcorn)
- 400g can of butter beans, drained and dried on kitchen towel
- 2 grated beetroot
- 1tsp oregano flakes
- 1tsp celery salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 2-3tbsp plain flour
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½tbsp paprika
- ½tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½tbsp sea salt
- ½tbsp black pepper
- ½tbsp garlic granules
- ½tbsp onion granules
- four burger buns
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Cook dinner your onions and garlic within the coals – no have to wrap them in something. Take them out when blackened, eradicating the charred pores and skin as soon as cool. Place the corn on the cobs (nonetheless of their husks) within the coals and prepare dinner for 15 minutes, turning frequently. Then take the corn off the warmth and let it cool in a metallic tray.
- Place all of the elements for the spice combine right into a bowl and blend.
- As soon as cooled, take away the husks from the cobs and slice the sweetcorn kernels off the cobs with a knife. Take away the charcoaled pores and skin from the onions and garlic and roughly chop with the corn.
- Crush the beans in a big bowl with a fork till mushy. Then add the corn, garlic and onion, in addition to the oregano, grated beetroot, celery salt, pepper, 2-4tsp of the flour and lemon juice. Combine all of it collectively. It should appear fairly moist, however that’s what you want is to make sure that your burger patty comes out juicy.
- Place a frying pan on the barbecue over direct warmth, and get it good and sizzling..
- Empty the burger combine on a floured board and divide into 4 balls. Coat effectively with the flour and spice combine, and form the balls into 4 patties.
- Add vegetable oil to the pan, then rigorously place every patty into the pan and fry, flipping a few occasions till you will have a pleasant even golden crust on each side. You’re aiming for a burger with an crunchy coating and a comfortable centre.
- When the burgers are prepared, slice open and toast your buns. Serve with any mixture you want of lettuce, tomato, ketchup and vegan mayonnaise.
Hearth Meals: The Final BBQ Cookbook by DJ BBQ is offered now. £10 (RRP £15), purchase on Amazon