However we’ll, so we will inform you that this easy-to-make tasty recipe is taken from the brand new, free (*however donations welcome) Pleased Wholesome Coronary heart Cookbook, put collectively by Coronary heart Analysis UK, a charity that funds medical analysis, schooling and well being campaigns. It’s a set of starters and mains from meals bloggers and professionals, which Coronary heart Analysis UK have assessed and OKed as a part of a wholesome life-style.
The cookbook options loads extra curries and dishes impressed by Indian delicacies (we’re planning on turning our hand to the vegetarian mulligatawny quickly), and extra moreover – we’ve bought our eye on the couscous bowl with harissa hen.
However we began with this one as a result of we’re a sucker for something you may wrap up and eat together with your palms. It’s additionally a dish that doesn’t take numerous lively cooking time – the 20 minutes of prep time is fairly beneficiant – however it does take a good bit of time to simmer after which scale back, so it won’t be finest for a midweek meal until you get residence early or don’t thoughts consuming late.
Proper, that’s it. We will’t maintain out any longer. By no means go meals purchasing on an empty abdomen and by no means write about recipes earlier than lunch. You could find the recipe beneath and obtain the cookbook right here – we’re making for the microwave.
Bombay Potato And Rooster Wrap Recipe
Recipe by Sally Bee
Elements (Serves 4)
- A light-weight spray of rapeseed oil
- 1 massive crimson onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic cloves to style, peeled and crushed
- 200g skinless, boneless hen thigh fillets, sliced
- 3tbsp tikka curry paste
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 massive potatoes, washed and reduce into 2cm cubes
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 250g frozen peas
- eight wholemeal wraps or chapatis
- 140g low-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat crème fraîche
- Warmth the oil in a big non-stick frying pan over a medium warmth, then add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes till softened.
- Add the garlic and stir for an additional minute, then add the hen and prepare dinner, stirring till browned.
- Stir within the curry paste, tomatoes, potatoes and half a can of water. Season properly with loads of black pepper, then cowl and simmer for about 20 minutes, till the potatoes are simply cooked.
- Take away the lid and simmer for an additional ten to 15 minutes till the liquid has diminished and the sauce is sticking to the potatoes and hen.
- Stir within the peas and prepare dinner till they’re prepared, then serve with warmed wraps or chapatis and low-fat yogurt.